- You will sleep easily
- You will wake easily
- You will have pleasant dreams
- People will love you
- Devas (gods or angels) and animals will love you
- Devas will protect you
- External dangers, such as poisons, weapons, and fire, will not harm you
- Your face will be radiant
- Your mind will be serene
- You will die unconfused
- You will be re-born in happy realms
This is big stuff, regardless of whether you believe in angels or reincarnation.
Having good sleep, pleasant dreams, a radiant face and a serene mind, all sound pretty great to me.
Scientific research into the benefits of loving kindness (Metta) practice supports a few of these claims. Regular loving kindness meditation can:
- Lower stress — self perceived, behavioral and physiological.
- Enhance immunity
- Increase behaviors that enhance social connectedness.
- Increase happiness
Here’s a decent popular science article with links to studies: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kripalu/loving-kindness-meditation_b_3961300.html